UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM LIBRARY
The function of the Acquisitions department goes beyond buying books. The Acquisitions department responsibilities include having:
- To order, claim, receive, preserve, and pay for all library materials.
- To negotiate licensing agreements for electronic publications and on-line services.
- To monitor, coordinate, implement, and evaluate all collection related activities.
- To check-in, organize, and perform shelf preparation for all serials.
- To perform gift and exchange activities.
- To select and evaluate sources of supply.
- To provide management and financial reports and statistics