NEWS DIGEST: JULY – SEPTEMBER, 2019
- In September 2019 Academic members of staff, Ms. S. Ngaiza and Mr. A. Kaitu started their PhD studies at the University of Bayreuth, Germany and University of Antwerp, Belgium, on fully funded Scholarships respectively.
- From 1st to 6th September 2019 Prof. K.C. Kamanga participated in the Annual General Conference of International Association of Refugee and Migration Judges (IARMJ) in South Africa.
- On 19th September 2019, Prof. K. C. Kamanga participated in a live TV broadcast programme -‘This Week in Perspective”- hosted by Adam Simbeye. In this programme Prof. Kamanga shared his insights regarding Xenophobia against African Immigrants in South Africa.
- On 27th September 2019, a meeting on the Draft agenda for ARIPO and UDSM induction of the Master of Intellectual Property Programme. Representatives from ARIPO, BRELLA and UDSM School of Law attended the meeting.
- On 6th August 2019 Dr. B. Luhende was appointed member of the University of Dar es Salaam Publications Committee for the 2018/19 to 2020/21 Triennium.
- On 9th August 2019 Mr. Chacha Mairo represented the Chairperson of the Legal Aid Committee in the launching of the training on “Addressing the Gender Gap in Public Interest Litigation in Tanzania” organized by the Center for Strategic Litigation at Sea Shells Hotel, Dar-es-Salaam.
- On 23rd August 2019, the School held the traditional Breakfast Talk, the discussion was on “the Overview of the History, Legal & Institutional Framework of the SADC” where Prof. K.C. Kamanga led the Talk.
- In July 2019 Prof. K.C. Kamanga was engaged in outreach activities as a keynote speaker at a workshop organized by an NGO named Dignity Kwanza on the subject of Forced Displacement and the Documentation of Displaced Persons.
- Dr. B. Luhende travelled to South Africa on 31st July 2019 to be Guest Lecturer of LL.M course titled “Resource Revenue Law” offered by the University of Cape Town. He is schedule to return on 8th August 2019.