Ms Cecilia Ngaiza is an Assistant Lecturer at the Department of Private Law, University of Dar-es-Salaam School of Law. She holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (2014) and a Master of Laws (2018) both from the University of Dar-es-Salaam. She is currently pursuing her Doctoral studies at the University of Bayreuth, Germany.
Ms. Ngaiza is also a holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (PGDLP) from the Law School of Tanzania. She is an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania, a member of the Tanganyika Law Society (TLS), and Tanzania Women Lawyers’ Association (TAWLA). She is additionally an Alumna of the Tanzanian-German Centre for Eastern African Legal Studies (TGCL).
Before joining the School, Ms. Ngaiza worked as a Regional Coordinator of the Tanzania Women Lawyers’ Association (TAWLA) - Arusha Regional Office.
Her areas of interest include Human Rights Law, Family Law, Probate and Administration of Estates Law, Gender and the Law, Juvenile Justice, and Regional Integration Law.
- Ngaiza, C., “Viability of the African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights in Safeguarding the Rights of Indigenous Peoples in Tanzania”. (Ongoing-Writing stage)
- Ngaiza, C., “Navigating the Coherence between International and Local Legal Standards for Recognition and Implementation of Indigenous Peoples’ Rights in Tanzania”. (Ongoing-Writing stage)
- Ngaiza, C., “Customary Law vis-à-vis Statutory Law in Protecting the Rights of Children in Tanzania”. (Ongoing-Review stage)
- Ngaiza, C., Analysis of the Implementation of Article 121 of the Treaty for the Establishment of the East African Community, 1999 in Tanzania: A Case Study of Women’s Access to Property Rights”, LLM Dissertation, University of Dar es Salaam, 2018. (Unpublished)
- Ngaiza, C., “Observation of Human Rights by the Law Enforcement Organs in Tanzania: A Case Study of the Police Force”, LL.B Dissertation, University of Dar es Salaam, 2014. (Unpublished)
- Ngaiza, C., et al, “Towards Coordinated Legal Aid Services in Tanzania”, 1(1) The Tanzania Legal Aid Journal, 2019, p. 85.
Available at <https://www.tls.or.tz/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/LEGAL-AID-JOURNAL-2019.pdf>
- Ngaiza C., “A Legal Aider vis-à-vis Quality Legal Aid Services: A Peek of Experience”, 1(1) The Tanzania Legal Aid Journal, 2020, p. 70.
- Nicksoni F., Ngaiza C., and Mabula B., “Domestic Prosecution of International Crimes in Tanzania: The State of the Law”, 47 (2) The Eastern Africa Law Review, 2021,
- Ngaiza, C. and Omari A., “Addressing Violence against Women and Girls in Tanzania: A Socio-Legal Perspective” (On Publication Stage)