UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM
UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM SCHOOL OF LAW
Dr. Abdon Edward Rwegasira
Dr. Abdon Edward Rwegasira is a Lecturer at the Department of Public Law. He joined the School as an Assistant Lecturer in 2010 and was promoted to Lecturer in 2015. He is a very talented scholar whose areas of interest include Land Law, Public International Law, International Humanitarian Law, Human Rights Law, Criminal Justice, Military Law and Jurisprudence. Dr. Rwegasira obtained his Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B. Hons) in 2005, a Master of Laws (LL.M) in 2007 and PhD (Law) in 2023 all at the University of Dar es Salaam. Before joining the School, Dr. Rwegasira worked with the Tanzania Peoples Defence Forces (TPDF) until 2009 when he voluntarily retired as a Lieutenant.
He is a senior Practicing Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania since 2008, thus a member of the Tanganyika Law Society and the East African Law Society. He is the author of Land as a Human Right: A History of Land Law and Practice in Tanzania. Trainings attended by Dr Rwegasira include:
- The 9th Annual International Humanitarian Law Faculty Roundtable Organised by the ICRC, Nairobi, Kenya, 2012.
- The 8th Annual International Humanitarian Law Faculty Roundtable Organised by the ICRC, Nairobi, Kenya, 2011.
- Seminar on “Employment Standards under the New Labour Laws, Human Resources Management and HIV/AIDS as means of Promoting Productivity and Competitiveness at Workplace” organised by the Association of Tanzania Employers (ATE), 2010.
- The East African School on Refugee and Humanitarian Affairs (EASRHA) organised by the Centre for the Study of Forced Migration (CSFM) of the University of Dar es Salaam, 2007.
- International Human Rights Law at the School of International Migration and Ethnic Relations (IMER) of Malmo University, Sweden, attended as part of the Exchange Programme between the University of Dar es Salaam and Malmo University-Sweden, 2007.
- Leadership training at the East African Uongozi School, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Makerere University, Uganda, 2004.
Dr. Rwegasira can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and 0754 669881.