Mr Samwel Gerald
Samwel Gerald is an Assistant Lecturer at the Department of Private Law. He joined the School in 2013. Mr Samwel holds a Bachelor of Laws degree (LL. B-2012) and a Master of Laws degree (LL. M-2013) from University of Dar es Salaam. His areas of interests are on Human Rights, Tax Law, Insurance and International Trade and Finance Law.
Research and Consultancy Reports
Mr Gerald has conducted several research projects and consultancies. Listed below are some of his selected projects.
- Human Rights Situation of the People Living with HIV/AIDS in Tanzania Mainland, 2014.
- Report on the Constitutional Making Process in Tanzania, 2014.
- Analysis of the Media Services Act, 2016: Its Impacts on the Media Freedom and Editorial Independence in Tanzania, 2016.
- Report on the Human Rights Situation in Zanzibar Before and After the Re-Run Election-2015
- Analysis of the Access to Information Act, 2016: Its Impacts on the Media Freedom and Editorial Independence in Tanzania, 2016.
- State of the Internet Freedom in Tanzania, 2017.
- Analysis of the Electronic and Postal Communications (Online Contents Regulations) 2017: Its Impacts on the Media Freedom and Editorial Independence in Tanzania, 2017.