Mr. Semu Thomas is a lecturer at the Department of Economic Law, University of Dar es salaam. He joined the School in 2004. Before joining the University, Mr. Semu had worked as a teacher at Kiraeni girls high School and Ungwasi Secondary School, Rombo – Kilimanjaro.
He holds a Bachelor of Law (2002) and Master of Laws (2004) degrees from University of Dar es Salaam. Currently, he is pursuing his PhD studies. Mr Semu’s areas of interests are in Teaching Tax Law and Constitutional Law.
Mr Semu is also a Member of :-
- The Tanganyika Law Society (The Bar Association of Mainland),
- Member of East Africa Law Society
- member of the African Network of Constitutional Lawyers.
- member Legal Aid Committee of the Faculty of Law, University of Dar Es Salaam and Convener , Extra – Mural Studies Committee, Faculty of law University of Dar es salaam.
Mr. Semu may be contacted through this address:
UDSM School of Law,
P.O. BOX 35093,
Dar es Salaam, The United Republic of Tanzania
Mr. Semu has the following publications Papers:-
- The “Role of Constitutional and Legal Bodies in Holding the Government to Account”- The role of PCCB in Tanzania, A paper presented in African Network for Constitutional Lawyers Conference, University of Cape Town, South Africa June, 2009.
- Constitutional and Accountability: The Role of Parliamentary Account Committee in Tanzania , A paper presented in African Network for Constitutional Lawyers Conference, University of Cape Town, South Africa June, 2010
- The Application of the Doctrine of Uberrimae Fidel in Compulsory Motor Vehicle insurance in Tanzania: Law and Practice – LL.M Dissertation.
- The Doctrine of Uberrimae Fidel: Is it Fairly Applied in Insurance Contracts – LL,M Coursework paper.
- The Doctrine of Strict Liability: Its Rationale and Relevancy in a State Adhering to the Principles of Rule of Law- LL.M Coursework Paper.
- Member Legal Aid Committee of the Faculty of Law, University of Dar es Salaam.