The University of Dar es Salaam Computing Centre offers a Diploma Programme in Computing and Information Technology. This Diploma programme which follows both NACTE and CCNA based curricula, is more practical oriented, competence based and has been designed to absorb the current development Technology, provide competitive academic outputs in terms of quality technical training and produce IT professionals who are ready to engage in local and international industries.
The diploma programme also serves as a bridge for those aspiring for higher learning in Information and Communication Technology.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide basic and up to date knowledge and skills on effective Information Communication Technology where students can apply the knowledge for their career enhancement, professional advancement and organizational growth.
- Offer intensive and practical aspects that cover a wide range of in-demand and relevant areas pertaining to Information and Communication Technology.
The programme is expected to produce technically trained personnel who are ready to:
- Support regular use of ICT in organizations
- Implement propriety and Free & Open Source systems in organizations
- Manage ICT resources
- Develop web applications and databases
- Participate in software Development
- Engage in self-employment
- Manage ICT related projects
- Sit for Server+ Certified Examinations
- Sit for CCNA Certified Examination
- Join degree programme in ICT related fields
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education with at least one principle pass and a subsidiary OR
- Basic Technician Certificate (NTA Level 4) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology from any institution recognized by NACTE or equivalent qualifications.