The University of Dar es salaam computing centre offers a Diploma course in Business Information Technology (BIT).This Diploma is a premium course that puts graduates in high demand as IT plays an increasingly important role in the business world today. Building on this foundation, the subsequent stages offer modules that will prepare students well to excel in the areas of Web services, IT, Business development skills, Accounting, Financial, Entrepreneurship and Management principles. The diploma programme also serves as a bridge for those aspiring for higher learning in Business Information Technology
The course aims to equip students with:
- Good problem solving and software skills, including technical competency in both web based application and object oriented programming.
- Knowledge of accounting, management principles, business planning and development, Business Law and entrepreneurial skills
- Competency skills in development and use of E-Business
- A good understanding of the business concepts, strategic opportunities in the variously sector.
- Effectively use of accounting packages in real life environment
The programme is expected to produce technically trained personnel who are ready to:
- Enter ICT employment and flexibly satisfy the needs of employers
- Effectively use office applications and Business information technology systems
- Create various desktop publications
- Be involved in improving Business IT environment, Database development, Programming and Networking.
- Engage in self employment
- Manage simple computerized information systems
- Join degree programme in ICT and Business related fields
- Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education with at least 1 principle pass and a subsidiary OR
- Basic Technician Certificate (NTA Level 4) in Business Administration, Accountancy, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology from any institution recognized by NACTE or equivalent qualifications.