UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM
INSTITUTE OF KISWAHILI STUDIES
THE CENTRE FOR TERMINOLOGY, TRANSLATION, INTERPRETATION AND LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGY
- Responsibilities of the Centre
This Centre deals with:
- Translating documents in various languages and interpreting.
- Conducting various researches and formulating terminologies.
2: Objectives of the Centre
The Centre has the following objectives:
- To translate various documents (such as books, websites, forms, letters, etc) as required by organizations and individual persons.
- To conduct researches on and formulate terminologies to be used in the field of linguistics, literature, research, etc;
- To coordinate and provide interpretation services to stakeholders when needed;
- To prepare seminars and workshops on translation, interpretation and terminology formation for emerging scholars;
- To propose and run projects for translation and the formulation of Kiswahili terminologies ;
- To cooperate with other centres, departments and different organizations on issues relating to translation, interpretation and terminologies.
- To provide consultancy services to the society on matters related to the centre.
The Centre has achieved some of its objectives:
- Translating and editing documents, internet and websites for individuals, organizations, institutions, etc;
- Collecting and formulating Kiswahili terminologies on research, language and Kiswahili literature;
- To cooperate with other centres, departments, institutions and different experts in translation activities;
3: New Information
The Centre is currently conducting research on terminologies for research studies in Kiswahili.
Staff Members of the Centre
1. Dr. S. Omari
2. Prof. K.K. Kahigi
4. Dr. P. S. Malangwa
5. Dr. A. Mnenuka
6. Mr. T. Mpemba
7. Miss. G. Henry
8. Miss. A. Kyamba
9. Miss. N. Sway
Dr. Shani Omari
Phone: +255 713 241 027
+255 784 241 027
Miss. Neema Sway
Phone: +255 717 759 020