Our client is a locally registered company dealing with the exploration and production of oil and gas, with operations in Tanzania. In line with its strategy to expand its operations in Tanzania, our client is looking to recruit dynamic and competent Tanzanian with outstanding integrity and good record of enforcing accountability, governance, internal controls and risk management in order to ensure compliance as well as the sustainability of the company. We are inviting interested and qualified individuals to apply for the position of Business Analyst based in Dar es Salaam.
The Business Analyst is responsible for analysing, reporting and developing insights on financial performance and compliance with operational procedures and policies. In addition, the Analyst is required to use data to develop financial models and reports that guide management in making sound and timely decision.
• Leading the budgeting process through consultation with the relevant budget holders;
• Performing detailed budget variance analysis, including tracking activities, identify problem root cause, outlining solutions, preparing reports and recommending changes;
• Designing and implementing new reporting format enabling better monitoring of costs and more reliable financial information;
• Improving processes by studying current practices and designing modifications;
• Recommend controls by identifying problems and writing improved procedures;
• Determining internal audit scope, developing annual plans and present audit results;
• Identifying risk areas and develop mitigating strategies; and
• Identifying economic/industry trends in oil and gas; scanning competitive landscape; developing insights and recommendations to management.
• Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or equivalent;
• 5 years relevant working experience at a senior level;
• Demonstrated experience effectively managing a team and engaging with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent communication skills;
• High proficiency in MS Excel and analysis of financial and business information
Deadline: 13th November 2020
Apply through: https://apply.workable.com/deloitte-eastafrica/