|Current Summarised CV: |
Education Background: B.A.Economics., M.A.Economics (University of Dar es Salaam), PhD (University of Gothenburg, Sweden)
Title: Lecturer, Department of Economics, College of Social Sciences, University of Dar es Salaam.
Areas of Specialization: Development Economics (Agriculture, Energy, Health, Education and Public finance); Environment and Natural Resource Economics; Impact Evaluation and Experimental Economics; Behavioral Economics.
Other roles and Affiliations
- Coordinator and founding member, Center for Behavioural Studies (CBS), University of Dar es Salaam
- Managing Editor, Tanzania Economic Review (https://journals.udsm.ac.tz/index.php/ter)
- Research fellow,Environment forDevelopment Initiative (https://efdinitiative.org/about-efd/people/ruhinduka-remidius)
- Research fellow, RWI - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research (https://www.rwi-essen.de/forschung-und-beratung/network/rwi-research-fellows/)
- Research fellow and founding member, Network for Impact Evaluation Research in Africa (NIERA) (https://nieraglobal.org/team/details/remidius-ruhinduka)
Selected Policy related Contributions
- Blue Print for Regulatory Reforms to Improve Business Environment in Tanzania (2018); https://www.mit.go.tz/uploads/files/BLUEPRINT-BOOK-compresed.pdf
- Tanzania 2019 Country Environmental Analysis: Environmental Trends and Threats, and Pathways to Improved Sustainability; https://olc.worldbank.org/content/tanzania-2019-country-environmental-analysis-environmental-trends-and-threats-and-pathways-0
- Poverty and Human Development Report (2009); https://media.africaportal.org/documents/PHDR_2009_text.pdf
Selected International Conferences
- Behavioural Exchange Conference (BX 2019), United Kingdom-London, 5th-6th September 2019.
- The 8th Annual EASST (Impact Evaluation) Summit in Nairobi, Kenya on 22nd-24th July, 2019
- African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) Biannual Conference, Cape Town-South Africa, 2nd-6th June 2019
- National Evaluation Capacities (NEC) Conference;Istanbul, Turkey; 16 to 20 October 2017
- Environment for Development Initiative (EfD) Eleventh Annual Meeting; Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; October 27-30, 2017
- Sustainable energy transitions initiative (SETI) second annual meeting; Duke university, Durham, NC, May 9-11, 2017
- UNU-WIDER Development Conference on “responding to crises”, 23-24th September 2016, Helsinki, Finland
- Development Lunch Seminar Series of the department of Economics, University of California Berkeley, 19th April 2016, California, USA.
- Thirtieth Bureau For Economic Analysis Of Development (BREAD) and National Bureau Of Economic Research (NBER)Development Economics Conference, September 25-26, 2015,Cambridge, MA, U.S.A
- Environment for Development Initiative (EfD) Nineth Annual Meeting, 5th -8th November, 2015, Shanghai, China