The Southern African Development Community (SADC) is a regional economic community founded and maintained by countries in Southern Africa. It aims to further the socio-economic, political and security cooperation among its Member States and foster regional integration in order to achieve peace, stability and wealth. SADC currently has sixteen (16) Member States with a population of approximately 340 million and a combined GDP of US$720 billion.
SADC Secretariat is currently recruiting interns in different Directorates/Units. This is a six (6) months programme that offers students and employees of Member States an opportunity to learn and gain practical work experience in their chosen field of study and work. The Secretariat is therefore, inviting qualified citizens of the SADC Member States to apply for the following internship opportunities in Gaborone, Botswana and Lusaka, Zambia.
- Politics and Diplomacy x1
- Internal Audit & Risk Management x1
- Ex Situ Conservation - based at the SADC Plant Genetic and Resource Centre, (SPGRC) Lusaka, Zambia x1
- Administration and Finance - based at the SADC Plant Genetic and Resource Centre, (SPGRC) Lusaka, Zambia x1
- Tourism Management x1
- Science, Technology and Innovation x2
- Value Chains x1
- Industrialization and Competitiveness x2
- Standardisation, Quality Assurance, Accreditation or Metrology (SQAM) x1
- Human Resources x2
- Planning & Resource Mobilisation x 2
- Communication and Public Relations x1
- Infrastructure ICT x1
- Infrastructure Transport x1
- Environment and Climate Change x2
- Food Security and Agriculture Unit x1
- Natural Resources Management Unit x 1
OTHER ELIGIBLE CRITERIA
- Be nationals of SADC Member States;
- Be between the age of 21 and 35 years;
- Be enrolled at registered and accredited universities and colleges studying towards a degree programme;
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity; and
- Has not been convicted of any serious criminal offence.
The SADC Secretariat shall offer a monthly living allowance of US$250.00 only. The Member States shall bear the cost of relocation, insurance and other related expenses.
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT
The internship shall be for a fixed period of not less than one (1) month but not more than six (6) months.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
All applicants from Tanzania should send their applications to email@example.com and cc. firstname.lastname@example.org before 8th September 2021.
Applications should be accompanied by the following:
- Cover letter stating the internship stream that you want to be considered for and describe how your qualifications, experience and competencies are relevant to the internship;
- Updated Curriculum vitae;
- Certified copies of your degree(s), Diploma(s) and Certificate(s); transcripts; and
- Identity documents.
The duties and responsibilities of each post are attached below.