The Embassy of Brazil in Dar es Salaam is glad to announce that enrollments for the 2024 selection process for the Exchange Program for Undergraduate Students (PEC-G) are open at the Embassy until 18 August 2023.
The Program offers foreign students free places for undergraduate courses in more than a hundred Brazilian higher education institutions. There are no institutional costs or admission fees, but no scholarships are granted. All applicants must have sufficient funds to afford maintenance in Brazil throughout the course.
List of the undergraduate courses offered by the universities is available here:
Preliminary results of the selection will be announced by 30/10/2023 and final results by 13/11/2023.
Check below the requirements:
- Be a Tanzanian national or from another PEC-G participant country (list here: https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/assuntos/cultura-e-educacao/temas-educacionais/programas-de-estudo-para-estrangeiros/pec-g/sobre#pais)
- Be 18 years old by 31/12/2023
- Have completed secondary school or equivalent
- Have global secondary school average and official language average of at least 60%
- Have a financial sponsor. A Statement of Financial Responsibility should be filled in by an individual or a legal person (company, NGO or public entity). Amounts promised to the candidate must add up to a minimum equivalent to US$ 400.00 (four hundred US dollars) monthly. The applicant may have more than one source of funding. Each financial responsible must also prove a minimum income three times higher than the monthly amount promised to the candidate
- Fill in the pre-enrolment form
- The language of the courses is Portuguese. The presentation of the proficiency certificate in Portuguese (Celpe-Bras) is exempt for candidates residing in countries where the exam is not applied, such as Tanzania. All candidates from these countries who are selected in PEC-G 2024 will be allocated to attend a preparatory course in Portuguese for one year at a university to be designated. These candidates will take the Celpe-Bras exam in the second semester of 2024 in Brazil and, if they pass the exam, they will be able to attend graduation in 2025 at the university and course to which they were originally assigned.
Documents to be presented at the Embassy
- Original and copy of secondary school completion certiﬁcate
- Original and copy of school transcripts listing all subjects taken and grades obtained during all years of secondary school
- Original and copy of the applicant's, father's and mother's birth certificates
- Original physical and mental health medical certificate issued no more than 90 days prior to the submission of the application
- Financial Responsibility Term (signed in the Portuguese version; English version for reference; https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/assuntos/cultura-e-educacao/temas-educacionais/programas-de-estudo-para-estrangeiros/pec-g/processo-seletivo#documentos)
https://www.gov.br/mre/pt-br/assuntos/cultura-e-educacao/temas-educacionais/arquivos/arquivos-teste/decreto_n_7-948_-_ingles.pdf (general rules of the Program – in English)
If you have any questions or need further clarification, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com