- ENTRY REQUIRMENTS
Candidates applying for this major/minor programme BA Philosophy and Ethnic programme must fulfill the entrance qualifications as stated the “Admission Requirements for UDSM Undergraduate Degree Programmes” More specifically, these requirements are as follows
A candidate shall be deemed eligible for consideration for admission to a first-degree programme of the University of Dar es salaam if the candidate has one of the following qualifications:
- Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (C.S.E.E) or equivalent, with passes in FIVE approved subjects THREE of which must be at Credit level obtained prior to sitting for the Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (A.C.S.E.E) or equivalent.
- Two principal level passes in appropriate subjects in the A.C.S.E.E or equivalent with total points from three subjects not below 5 (for Arts programme) and 2 (for science-based programme) based on the following grade to point conversion scale: A = 5; B = 4; C = 3; D = 2; E = 1; S = 0.5 and F = 0 point. (Note: Principal level passes in Divinity/Islamic Knowledge are not counted).
- An appropriate equivalent Diploma of not less than Second class/Credit level or B grade obtained from a college which is fully registered by NACTE and approved by the UDSM Senate. For Diplomas that are further classified into Upper and Lower classes, the requirement shall be an Upper Second class or B+ average. Note: Applicants from countries with follow an 8-4-4 education system need to complete at least one year of study at a university in their own countries before they can be considered for admission into the University of Dar es salaam.
- A minimum score of 100 obtained from Mature Age Entry Examination (MAEE) consisting of a score of at least 50 in Paper 1 and 50 in Paper II. MAEE was introduced in order to give opportunity to exceptionally well qualified Tanzania candidates who wish to study for a first degree of the University of Dar es salaam but do not posses qualifications which satisfy the university’s Direct/Equivalent entry requirements. To qualify for MAEE one must be 25 years of age or older on 1st August of the year in which admission is sought. In addition, one must have obtained at least there credits in approved subjects at the Certificate of Secondary Education Examination or completed Form Vi at least five years before 1st September of the year in which admission is sought.
- for fees costs please check on the Home page of the University of Dar es Salam at Undergraduate Courses and fees
NOTE: The programme includes also a practical training as students are required to undergo a practical training (CoHU Practical Training) during the long vacations of their second year of studies.