The QAB is responsible for the overall management of Quality assurance activities at UDSM.
The functions of QAB are as follows:
- Develop, strategize, promote and oversee the implementation of the quality assurance policy and its functions within and outside the University;
- Ensuring that set performance standards in all aspects of the University functions are appropriate and relevant;
- Developing and periodically updating general operational manuals, quality assurance tools, and internal procedures to guide university-level QA operations, as well as instruments for use in internal assessment and evaluations;
- Monitoring/implementation of quality assurance activities in all units as per the set standards;
- Providing advice and guidance to implementation units on the execution of QA activities;
- Coordination of internal self-evaluation of quality assurance systems;
- Analysis of all QA reports and identification of issues arising from them for the attention of the management at departmental, faculty/school, college and university levels;
- Facilitation of external evaluation of UDSM and its academic programmes and administrative units;
- Provision of external evaluation results to Management and units;
- Monitoring of implementation of internal and external evaluation recommendations;
- Synthesis of topical QA matters in higher education (arising from debates and practices in the regional and global contexts) and updating the university community and Management accordingly;
- Updating the VC on the functioning of the UDSM QA system and on the overall quality status of the University;
- Linking UDSM with national, regional and international standards and professional bodies and agencies in QA matters;
- Linking UDSM with the industry on matters related to the quality assurance in its various functions of the University; and perform any other duties related to quality assurance as shall be determined by the Board.