|Current Summarised CV: |
Name: Alexander B. Makulilo, B.A, MA (Dar), Ph.D (Leipzig), LL.B (OUT)
Title: Associate Professor and Principal, College of Social Sciences, University of Dar es Salaam
Areas of Specialisation
Democracy, Political Theory, Comparative Politics, Gender, Human Rights, Constitutionalism, Peace and Security, Governance
- Makulilo, A. B. (2019) “Where there is power, women are not: Rethinking Gender and Politics in Tanzania”, The African Review, Vol. 46, No. 1 (Forthcoming).
- Makulilo, A.B. (2019) “Who should slaughter animals and poultry? Rethinking the tensions between Muslims and Christians in Tanzania” in Ezra Chitando and Joram Tarusarira (eds.) Religion and Human Security in Africa (London: Routledge).
- Makulilo, A.B. (2017) “Rebooting democracy? Political data mining and biometric voter registration in Africa,” Information & Communications Technology Law, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 198–212.
- Makulilo, A.B. (2017) “The independent candidate case by the African court of human and peoples’ rights revisited,” International Journal of Human Rights and Constitutional Studies, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 130 - 143.
- The 2018 Second Annual GLD Conference, University of Gothenburg, Sweden 31 May - 2 June 2018
- Succession in Liberation Movements Conference, University of Johannesburg, South Africa, 19 - 20 October 2017.
- Electoral Violence in Tanzania: Contexts and Drivers” during the Electoral Violence in Africa conference as organized by the European Center for Electoral Support (ECES) in Brussels 12 – 13 July 2017.
- Chieftaincy versus Legality: Examining Citizen’s attitudes towards Democracy in Tanzania during the Traditional Governance and Indigenous Peoples in Contemporary Politics Conference 15 – 17 June 2016, University of Konstanz.
E-mails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org