Perfect Melkiori is an Assistant Lecturer at the School. He holds an Ordinary Diploma in Education from St Joseph’s Junior Seminary (SANU) Teachers’ College, Manyara, Tanzania in 1998, a Bachelor of Law degree (2003) and Master of Laws degree (2005) from University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Currently, Mr Melkiori is pursuing his PhD studies from University of Dar es Salaam.
Mr Melkiori is an advocate of the High Court of Tanzania. He is a Notary Public and Commissioner for Oaths. He is a member of Tanganyika Law Society and East Africa Law Society; Bar Associations for Tanzania mainland and East African countries respectively. He is also a member of the School’s Legal Aid Committee forming part of academic staff members who offer free legal service to the public. He may be contacted at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr Melkiori has been involved in the following research projects and publications;
- A Dissertation titled, “Violation of Legal Rights of Labours in Horticultural Farming Industry in Tanzania”, Submitted to the University of Dar es Salaam in Partial Fulfilment of Requirements of LL.B. Degree Course.
- A Dissertation titled, “The Problems encountered by Tanzania Plantation and Agricultural Workers’ Union (TPAWU) in Defending and Protecting the Interests of Workers in the Horticultural Farming Industry in Tanzania: The Case Study of Arusha Region”, Submitted to the University of Dar es Salaam in Partial Fulfilment of Requirements of LL.M Degree Course.
Mr Melkiori has participated in the following consultancies
- Participated in the project for the review and harmonisation of Road Safety Laws for East African member states in the year 2011/2012.
- Participated in the ILO project on cases index project for preparation of case management guide which includes, the framing of issues and preparing an index of cases from 2008 to 2010 in the year 2012.
- Participated in a consultancy project about the preparation of Law Reports for labour cases from 2011-2013 in the year 2014.
- Conducted an aptitude test and oral interview for Legal Officers Posts at the Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) in October 2014 and October 2015 respectively.