1. A short-term student is one, the duration of whose studentship at the University of Dar es Salaam is one academic year and who is not registered for the certificate, diploma or degree course of the University.
2. Applications will only be considered from those candidates who possess the University of Dar esSalaam entrance qualifications or equivalent (B average) or higher qualifications for admission to the undergraduate degree course.
3. (a) The application must be submitted through the applicant’s University/College, to reach the Director of Undergraduate Studies at least two months before the beginning of the semester in which admission is being sought. (b) The applicant’s University/College should, if it supports the application, send a letter of recommendation to the University of Dar es Salaam.
4. Short-term students are required to register as students of the University for one full academic year to any year of study as long as they meet the prerequisites. As registered students, all regulations governing full time students will apply to them unless otherwise stated.
5. Non-Tanzanian students are expected to conform to all immigration formalities in force in their countries before they depart for Tanzania. They must also obtain a Resident Permit from the nearest Tanzanian Embassy or High Commission before they arrive.
6. Registration for all students, including short-term students, is in August/September of each year unless otherwise specified.