Our International office facilitates and manages a large number of institutional bilateral agreements, many of which provide for the mobility of students and staff with our partner institutions. UDSM International office facilitates the exchange of students with several institutions abroad including European and Asian Universities. UDSM students can explore the array of academic exchanges at any of the partner institutions.
For Outbound Students
A UDSM student may apply to study for one or two semesters on exchange at any of these partner universities (through a formal exchange agreement). Guidelines and advice in Exchange programmes (Download Brochure).
- Semester Exchange focuses on in degree mobility and adding value to your existing degree at the University of Dar es Salaam.
- A student will spend either one or two semester and not enrol for a full-time degree abroad thus students participating on a semester exchange remain enrolled at the University of Dar es Salaam, but their academic assessment here is replaced by the corresponding academic assessment (60 or 120 credits) at the partner university.
- The exchange is thus an integrated part of the home degree study programme. Normal student fees are paid to the University of Dar es Salaam and tuition fees are waived at the partner university.
- Prospective students must have completed at least 3 semesters of their degree programme. Students in the last semester of their programme do not qualify for an exchange.
- Both undergraduate and postgraduate students may participate in the exchange programme.
General Conditions and Requirements
- Application for exchange programme are only made through UDSM International office
- A student must be registered for a full degree at UDSM
- A student must have at least an average GPA of 3.5
- A student must have written approval from their academic department (s) and/or supervisor
- UDSM International office reserves the right to make a final placement at a particular host university or not to make a placement.
- It is the students’ responsibility to make arrangements with their current accommodation providers for the period they are going to be away.
- All students must comply with the admission requirements of the host institution (this might include a language proficiency test)
- Students will only be considered as “exchange students” at the host institution if they are recommended by UDSM International office and remain enrolled for the duration of the exchange.